· Have a dog.
· Compliment someone every day.
· Remember other people's birthdays.
· Say "thank you" a lot.
· Say "please" a lot.
· Learn to play a musical instrument.
· Sing in the shower.
· Buy great books, even if you never read them.
· Be forgiving of yourself and others.
· Return all things you borrow.
· Never buy a house without a fireplace.
· Buy whatever kids are selling on card tables in their front yards.
· Take lots of photos.
· Never refuse homemade brownies.
· Don't postpone joy.
· Surprise loved ones with unexpected gifts.
· Let people pull in front of you when you are stopped in traffic.
· Hug children after you discipline them.
· Learn to make something beautiful with your hands.
· Never forget your anniversary.
· Slow dance.
· Always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass.
· Know how to type.
· Use credit cards only for convenience, never for credit.
· Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
· Put a lot of little marshmallows in your hot chocolate.
· Pay your bills on time.
· Be tough minded but tenderhearted.
· Be romantic.
· Let people know what you stand for--and what you won't stand for.
· Show respect for all living things.
· Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full.
· Keep a journal.
· Don't encourage rude or inattentive service by tipping the standard amount.
· Never cut what can be untied.
· Take good care of those you love.
· Lie on your back and look at the stars.
· Don't burn bridges. You'll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
· Remember that a successful marriage depends on two things: (1) finding the right person and (2) being the right person.
· Lock your car even if it's parked in your own driveway.
· Take a nap.
· Get your next pet from an animal shelter.
· Reread your favorite book.
· Own a good dictionary.
· Own a good thesaurus.
· Pay your fair share.
· Remain open, flexible, curious.
· Begin each day with your favorite music.
· Don't be intimidated by doctors and nurses. Even when you're in the hospital, it's still your body.
· Keep a note pad and pencil on your nightstand.
· Marry only for Love.
· Count your blessings.
· Never buy a coffee table you can't put your feet on.
· Never allow anyone to intimidate you.
· Kiss slowly.
· Kiss your loved ones good night, even if they are already asleep.
· Remember the credo of Walt Disney: Think. Believe. Dream. Dare.
· Never complain about a flight delayed for mechanical repairs. Waiting on the ground is infinitely better than the alternative.
· Always take your vacation time.
· Write some poetry.
· Never ignore an old barking dog.
· When loved ones drive away, watch and wave until you can no longer see the car.
· Keep a pad and pencil by every phone.
· If you are a guest at a wedding, take lots of snapshots and send them along witht the negatives to the bride and groom as quickly as you can. They have a long time to wait for the formal photos and will thrilled to receive the ones you took.
· Write out your favorite quotation(s) and place it where you can see it everyday.
· Offer hope.
· Never ask a childless couple when they are going to have children.
· Celebrate even small victories.
· Make an effort to attend weddings and funerals.
· Whenever you hear an ambulance siren, say a prayer for the person inside.
· When you are the first one up, be quiet about it.
· Include a recent family photo when writing to a loved one.
· Don't make eating everything on their plate an issue with children.
· When traveling, pack more underwear and socks than you think you will need.
· Be passionate.
· Never tell anybody they can't sing.
· Never tell anybody they don't have a sense of humor.
· Go for long, hand-holding walks with your loved one.
· Become the world's most thoughtful friend.
· Never marry someone in hopes that they'll change later.
· Keep a photo of each person you have dated.
· Don't buy a cheap motorcycle helmet.
· Never leave fun to find fun.
· Collect menus from your favorite restaurants.
· Put a love note in your loved one's luggage before they go on a trip.
· When you really like someone, tell them. Sometimes you only get one chance.
· Paint a picture.
· Pay attention to photos of missing children.
· Keep wetnaps in the glove box.
· Never sharpen a boomerang.
· Marry someone who loves music.
· Rescue your dreams.
· Love deeply.
· Laugh loudly.· Don't expect different results from the same behavior.